Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Watch related news! A coupla new ones!

Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
February 09, 2013 09:10PM
Just got a new strap for my newly acquired Bremont Supermarine, vitello grained blue leather with white stitch. I retained the stock buckle.

Interesting case construction on the Bremont, the black PVD part is the Faraday cage to provide anti-magnetic resistance. Watch is a bit thick, but should function well, I have yet to officially road test it. Dial is blue, a bit hard to capture in the pics. First watch I've owned with white on the bezel, which is sapphire coated.

Next up is an Alpina diver, part of their 'extreme sailing' series. I have been interested in this brand for awhile now and wanted to try one out. Thanks to Jittery Jim for his encouragement.

Supposed to be 44mm, but wears very large, haven't officially measure it yet. Pretty much at the brink of my maximum size.

I wanted this model on the mesh, and with all the removeable links taken out, it was still too large for my 6-3/4" wrist, first time I've encountered that with a watch bracelet.

I removed the ratchet-style diver extension on the clasp and now the fit is just about right, but there's absolutely no more adjustments left to do, other than ditch the mesh and get a strap. The edges of the mesh could be finished better as well, I was kinda let down by that.

Otherwise, overall quality seems good, I like the clean readable dial and large crown and the way they stylize the rotor. The perlage on the machined deployant is a nice touch, too. Great a/r on the crystal, sapphire coated bezel. So far, timekeeping is spot on.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

-Marc

Visit my watch reviews blog:

Watch Reviews by MCV
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watch related news! A coupla new ones! Jpeg Attachments

MCV309February 09, 2013 09:10PM

Nice, twice!Thumbs up!Thumbs up! (n/t)

itschris31February 11, 2013 03:23PM

Thank you! everybody! (n/t)

MCV39February 10, 2013 10:20PM

Impressive watches! (n/t)

wodo37February 10, 2013 06:43PM

Two great divers Marc, double congrats Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto38February 10, 2013 07:24AM

Amazing and good watches for sure! Great choices, Marc ! Cheers!Thumbs up! (n/t)

IF34February 10, 2013 07:14AM

I love 'me both, but that Bremont is a piece of wrist sculpture, innit? (n/t)

Dave M38February 10, 2013 03:37AM

Both are Thumbs Up I love also how the mesh shows no bar smile But the Bremont? Envious LOVE IT! (n/t)

Nuvolari44February 10, 2013 03:22AM

Those are some great acquisitions! I am a fan of the Supermarine.

Timemiser40February 10, 2013 02:49AM

Thumbs Up Wow. Both look stellar. Congrats! (n/t)

Jittery Jim55February 10, 2013 01:59AM

Congrat Marc!Thumbs up!

jeremd67635February 10, 2013 01:52AM

That Bremont looks amazing! Really caught my eye! Thumbs up! (n/t)

Stef G35February 10, 2013 01:51AM

Very Nice watches Marc. Thumbs up! (n/t)

DanB34February 10, 2013 01:23AM

Two very nice and unique and distinctive looking watches man Thumbs up! (n/t)

Larry42February 10, 2013 12:24AM

Wow! Two thumbs up, twice Thumbs up!Thumbs up!,Thumbs up!subjectsm iley65!

carlos x39February 09, 2013 10:32PM

Nice Alpina, but the Bremont is outstanding. Drooling (n/t)

Robmks40February 09, 2013 10:04PM

I love the Bremont (hey, I'm an aviation buff laughing) (n/t)

Micha38February 09, 2013 09:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates