Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

My new Pilot/Flieger watch. STUNNED by how good it is.

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
February 08, 2013 08:40PM
So,

In my search for a new watch, I decided on a Pilot.Navigator type. I own a fairly modest collection of watches, from my Seiko orange monster, my Revue Thommen Airspeed limited edition, to my Sinn Finanzplatzuhr, Girard Perregaux Ferrari Carbon Chrono and JLC Reverso. I looked at IWC and the usual suspects, including Stowa, but decided to investigate custom alternatives. A long time member on this Forum, Johnny Torres told me to look at W3 watches (Wilson Watch Works).

I called the number and talked to the owner, Chris at length about what I wanted and he led me through the process of putting together my ideal watch. Great guy and fantastic customer service. I mentioned to him that I am a bit strange about accuracy and wanted him to pay particular attention to regulating the watch to be as accurate is it could possible be.

Well... I just received the watch and I have to say it is one of those rare times in life when my expectations were not just exceeded, but blown out of the water! This thing is gorgeous, built impeccably, a solid hunk of steel that is just perfect for me. I truly did not expect this level of quality and attention to detail from a watch at this price point; I think Chis is NUTS to sell at what he does. This is better built and better finished in terms of the dial and is more solid than either my Sinn, or my GP. It may not have a fancy in-house movement like some brands, but it's a top quality piece. The bracelet is WAY better than the GP one and makes the Seiko one look quite sad.

So far, I have had a +1 second accuracy rate in the last 24 hours from this Swiss ETA, Soigne elaborate grade, with flame blued screws and hands, Geneva stripes decoration with polished edges, polished gear-set with polished and sun-burst winding wheels. He changed out the normal lumed sword second hand for this red one for me

Count me as one VERY, VERY happy customer of Wilson Watch Works; thank you Chris for this watch, I LOVE it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2013 12:20AM by Mortalc01l.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My new Pilot/Flieger watch. STUNNED by how good it is. Jpeg Attachments

Mortalc01l766February 08, 2013 08:40PM

Fabulous - I was so stunned, too, that I'm only now able to reply! wink laughing (n/t)

Nuvolari68February 09, 2013 07:05PM

W3 is certainly a great place to get a watch from, Chris is awesome and

carlopmwf49February 09, 2013 04:50PM

Congratulations.Thumbs up! She is a beauty. (n/t)

Mark C.52February 09, 2013 02:13PM

Congrats for a great looking Flieger Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto60February 09, 2013 07:09AM

+1! Thumbs up! (n/t)

James T. KirkĀ©41February 09, 2013 11:02AM

The red seconds hand and 60 make the piece *jump*. Wonderful build. Congratulations. (n/t)

Anonymous User66February 09, 2013 02:52AM

Clapping!WOW...super looking watch! Clapping! and>>>>

EdH49February 09, 2013 01:45AM

That is a good looking hand winder! Congrats! The red second hand was a good choice.

Timemiser51February 09, 2013 12:35AM

Re: That is a good looking hand winder! Congrats! The red second hand was a good choice.

Mortalc01l71February 09, 2013 12:37AM

Thumbs Up There are some very nice details there. Congrats!. (n/t)

Dave M43February 09, 2013 12:16AM

Congratulations! Thumbs up! (n/t)

DanB54February 08, 2013 11:06PM

Very nice indeed, love a 6 eater. Thumbs up! (n/t)

Robmks51February 08, 2013 10:40PM

Awesome! Congrats Thumbs Up Cool crown wink (n/t)

JP55February 08, 2013 09:45PM

Re: Awesome! Congrats Thumbs Up Cool crown wink

Mortalc01l45February 08, 2013 10:23PM

DroolingDrooling That is gorgeous - congratulations! (n/t)

Kevin_D49February 08, 2013 09:42PM

Re: DroolingDrooling That is gorgeous - congratulations!

Mortalc01l47February 08, 2013 10:24PM

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates