Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Horror story - Warning, scary content ahead!

Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Jittery Jim  
Current mood:
February 08, 2013 04:14PM
Remember when I got that Nevon watch in the mail? Well, the same day I got back my Zodiac Red Dot auto chronograph from service. The movement had never been cleaned and the crown stem was worn, so it needed some work. As I said it came back the same day and I was excited to have it back.

When I was off work I had a handful to take out to my truck: briefcase, lunch box, Nevon box, workout gear, watches. Too much. Well, before I knew what happened I hear something hit the pavement.

I am angry!

Yup. Two watches on the ground. The crystal had popped off the Carvelle I was wearing that day (yes, the one that belonged to my wife's late uncle). The Zodiac hit the ground as well. Freshly serviced, not yet worn since and it's on the ground. My heart was pounding and my blood pressure rising. Thankfully, the one saving grace, was that the Zodiac was still wrapped in bubble wrap. I gathered everything up and was relieved to see there were no marks or dings on the Zodiac and it was still running, all hands in place. The chronograph fired up and worked as it should. And the crystal popped right back in the Caravelle and it seemed to be undamaged as well.

I have left the Zodiac in the winder the past two days to make sure it is still keeping good time and running and it looks like I can give it a clear bill of health. Hopefully there are no long term problems. I'm still paying for this service, I don't want to have to have it done again!

Jittery Jim :: James :: PMWF Admin
about mewatches in moviesfacebooktwitterblogwriting about watches
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Horror story - Warning, scary content ahead! URL

Jittery Jim184February 08, 2013 04:14PM

Scary and lucky, Jim. Hope all continues well. (n/t)

Mark C.28February 09, 2013 02:02PM

Scary indeed but also lucky Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto27February 09, 2013 06:53AM

Very Hitchcockian moment right there wink (n/t)

Lawrence Talbot30February 09, 2013 03:08AM

Somebody is looking out for you...must be a WIS Angel! Laughing (n/t)

Timemiser35February 08, 2013 10:57PM

Glad nothing got smashed! Eek! (n/t)

MCV33February 08, 2013 09:30PM

Tragedy narrowly averted! Eek! Might want to >>

Dave M44February 08, 2013 04:53PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates