Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

A vintage World Championship watch by Hamilton.

Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Chris L  
Current mood:
January 12, 2013 11:37PM
I check up on a blog dedicated to Green Bay Packers uniforms (I know, kinda geeky) from time to time. Found this item that is worth sharing here.

Wearing of the Green (and Gold) blog
Auction Gold - 1962 Championship Watch
A very rare 1962 World Champions watch has now come up for auction at Leland's. These wristwatches were given in lieu of rings to Lombardi's second championship squad.

Lot 428: 1962 GREEN BAY PACKERS WORLD CHAMPIONS WATCH

The 1962 Green Bay Packers, under the guidance of legendary coach Vince Lombardi, went 13-1 and defeated the New York Giants to capture their eighth NFL championship. This commemorative watch was inscribed on the back and presented to Tom Miller, who played for the club in 1946 but was an executive with the team in 1962. The watch has some scuffing and does not work, but it's still a dazzling piece of jewelry, a 14k gold Hamilton watch featuring team logo on the face with small diamonds serving as the numbers, as well as "Green Bay Packers 1962 World Champions N. F. L." inscribed. The back of the watch has "Tom Miller - Green Bay 16 – New York 7" inscribed.

Kind of interesting to note that big, gawdy championship rings were not always the norm. This is kind of a neat 14K gold Hamilton with diamond markers. I wonder if any others are floating around out there? smile

[packersuniforms.blogspot.com]

My 2014 photo calendar now available
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A vintage World Championship watch by Hamilton. Jpeg Attachments URL

Chris L348January 12, 2013 11:37PM

Interesting find. It's kind of funny, before the huge rings, >>

Dave M73January 13, 2013 03:51PM

That is probably why they put it on a LONG flex band smile (n/t)

Reto46January 14, 2013 07:39AM

Cool Hamilton.Thumbs up! (n/t)

Mark C.81January 13, 2013 02:24PM

A truly interesting time piece. Thanks for sharing this info Chris (n/t)

Reto66January 13, 2013 06:57AM

Very interesting- thanks for sharing! (n/t)

RR21872January 13, 2013 05:24AM

That is pretty interesting. I had no idea there was anything ever given out other than rings.

Timemiser63January 13, 2013 04:28AM

Running quarterbacks. Been a problem for the Pack all year. Frown, Sad

Chris L59January 13, 2013 04:39AM

I looked up the auction record: it sold for $2088.66. Jpeg Attachments URL

Chris L72January 13, 2013 03:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates