Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Cool project turns to disaster I am cryingI am angry!

Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
JP  
Current mood:
January 03, 2013 05:06PM
I have had that Sorna for many years and kind of forgot about it... Great looking case and stunning dial.

Found it in my drawer today head only and thought it looked great with my new rubber band.
Then I came up with the idea of setting up the 12/24 display as a GMT hand Thumbs Up
Just take the hand off and set it to my reference time zone, Paris +7hrs from Central Time in my case.
It all worked out well, until I found the watch to be really looking good and thinking I should set it to GMT instead for easier global time reference.
Took it apart again to reset the "GMT" hand and while pushing it into place I broke the stem I am crying I think I wedged it against the mouvement holder.

Did I make a mistake by keeping the stem in when working on a caliber? Any recommendation for future reference wink

I dont know what are my chances to find a replacement stem for it....
That would have been a nice looking watch Frowning

- Jean-Paul -

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cool project turns to disaster I am cryingI am angry! Jpeg Attachments

JP218January 03, 2013 05:06PM

All the best getting it fixed. Keep us posted. (n/t)

Mark C.63January 04, 2013 02:11PM

Sorry to hear that JP. You should be able to replace that stem and enjoy the new project (n/t)

Reto56January 04, 2013 08:22AM

Sorry to hear that JP. You should be able to replace that stem and enjoy the new project (n/t)

Reto59January 04, 2013 08:22AM

Sorry (n/t)

DRFP49January 03, 2013 10:56PM

Measure the original stem and check ofrei

solex71January 03, 2013 06:37PM

+1. Good advice. (n/t)

Kenny L49January 04, 2013 07:04AM

Ouch Eek! Obvious question .......

Robmks59January 03, 2013 06:17PM

I wasnt thinking smile (n/t)

JP68January 03, 2013 06:46PM

See if you can find a stem extender, it's one of the tricks available to the watchmaker.

Paul J Costa63January 03, 2013 05:52PM

Arrrgh! Sorry, JP. Yeah, I have had some >>

Dave M64January 03, 2013 05:51PM

Eek! Sorry JP! Frown, Sad (n/t)

cmoy57January 03, 2013 05:24PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates