Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Off topic post (not watch related) another DIY today smile

JP  
Current mood:
January 02, 2013 10:20PM
I have had my Sennheisser HD540 for a good 25 years, they are still a blast but kind of big (and loud) to use at work wink

Since I dont like much in-ear pieces, I took a chance on cheap on-ear head phones ($14.00) and sure enough they arent that good... way too much bass, no mids and no highs. No good for metal.... But they look good laughing
So I set to make them sound better. Nothing I can do about the speakers, but I figured that if I could vent them behind the speakers, there would be less bass. Just like high end open can over-ear sets.
Drill a few holes in the back of the cans and here you go smile

First picture shows before (left) and after (right). The tricky part was to take it apart without breaking anything. Best way was to take the speakers out and drill from the inside. Good thing that the speaker supports already had hole in them, I just went through those to drill in the back cover.

The hole patern even fits nice around the logo Thumbs Up I also though that the 5 holes would look cooler than 6 holes all around...

The sound is still not that great but at least I get relief from the bass thanks to the vents.

Listening to Scorpion's "The Sails of Charon" Cheers!

Pretty busy start of the year at work I must say Blushing

- Jean-Paul -

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Off topic post (not watch related) another DIY today smile Jpeg Attachments

JP220January 02, 2013 10:20PM

Koss Portra Pro headphones........ URL

pennapolis105January 04, 2013 02:51AM

I use Sennheiser ear plug style headphones at work.

Smaug83January 03, 2013 02:17PM

I also have ear plug for the gym and walk the dog... But i listen to it very LOUD, so I am trying to spare my ears a bit. I have that feeling that over/on ear is maybe less damaging wink

JP89January 03, 2013 03:16PM

Thumbs up!Smile (n/t)

Mark C.52January 03, 2013 01:29PM

Thumbs up!Thumbs up!Smile (n/t)

IF62January 03, 2013 07:37AM

Great idea Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto64January 03, 2013 05:00AM

Re: Off topic post (not watch related) another DIY today smile

DRFP69January 02, 2013 11:24PM

Nice fix, but .......

Robmks111January 02, 2013 10:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates