Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Wood Boilers and Sports Divers....

Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
BobbyMike  
Current mood:
December 10, 2012 12:00AM
For Tim and a few others who expressed an interest, here's a picture of the wood boiler I just installed in my shop. It has a 75 gallon water jacket and puts out an estimated 200,000 BTUs.

It's tied into the solar hot water system on that roof (which supplies my domestic hot water in the peak season). With some clever valves it is supplying my heating for the cold months now. A few hiccups with the installation, because of old plumbing mostly, but it's currently running at a steady 170 ° F.

House is toasty at 70° and wife is happy Wink

Now to our regularly scheduled feature watches...

The ladies Sports Diver is a Seiko 2906-0170 that donated by Dahasco to me. Initially it was to be mine for the cost of shipping it, but he generously decided to make it a complete gift The Dude abides!

(Jefferson looks a little demonic!)

Next to my 6119-8450 (for which I'm sourcing a replacement case)

At 30.75mm x 34.5mm, it falls into my wife's "sweet spot" for sizing - compare it to her all time favorite "mini-me' Sicura from the same era.

Watch has issues, amongst them is a missing rotor and several screws. Currently on the hunt for another movement to either do a swap or to cannibalize for parts. I'll clean up the case and polish it while I wait. Crystal may also be replaced.

Choosing not to forgive someone the wrong they have done you is like drinking poison and waiting for them to die.

www.fingerlingthenovel.com
Fingerling @ Leanpub
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wood Boilers and Sports Divers.... Jpeg Attachments

BobbyMike297December 10, 2012 12:00AM

That is excellent Michael! Thanks for posting. That is quite a system.

Timemiser78December 11, 2012 06:31PM

Questions, questions, questions Wink

BobbyMike48December 11, 2012 07:06PM

Thanks for feeding my curiosity. Sounds great and a self-efficient

Timemiser56December 11, 2012 10:20PM

Great ingenuity Smile Cheers! (n/t)

Ethan_Mack68December 11, 2012 07:32AM

Very interesting! Cool system! (n/t)

StefG52December 10, 2012 11:02PM

Congratulations BobbyMike.Thumbs up! (n/t)

Mark C.65December 10, 2012 01:47PM

Bravo, Michael ! SmileThumbs up! (n/t)

IF68December 10, 2012 08:08AM

Nice post Michael Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto54December 10, 2012 06:55AM

Woah - some amazing machines, large AND small Thumbs Up (n/t)

Nuvolari53December 10, 2012 04:10AM

Great looking Sport Divers. Cool that you have the set. And yeah, Jefferson is scary lookin! Eek! (n/t)

Dave P78December 10, 2012 12:51AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates