Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Help please! The Avia saga continues

December 02, 2012 07:45PM
I have been trying to rebuild this watch for a while now. The original dial is in pretty bad shape but I had another that was re-done (the movement and dial were from my grandfathers 1940 AVIA)

Long story short my grandfathers dial was too big. I was able to succesfully file down the diameter with a dremel and a file, was suprised that it turned out well. I also clean the hands.

I suspected that this may not work because the origina dial was curved down on the edge, and it appears that since my GF dial is not I cannot fit the crystal.

Any ideas on how I may "bend" the dial (I know it's a long shot).

Thanks,
Dan

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Help please! The Avia saga continues Jpeg Attachments

solex238December 02, 2012 07:45PM

There are a multitude of plastic crystals available out there. But you >> Gif Attachments

Dave M92December 04, 2012 02:22AM

Thank you all will keep u updated (n/t)

solex60December 04, 2012 08:04PM

smile same advice on the buying sizes smile (n/t)

Reto76December 04, 2012 05:12AM

How about a different crystal? >>> Jpeg Attachments

Reto96December 03, 2012 05:34AM

Thank you Reto, what is a good knowledgable place to get crystals Jpeg Attachments

solex88December 03, 2012 06:28PM

Ofrei is certainly a very good place. Ideally you go to the watchmaker and >>>

Reto84December 04, 2012 05:10AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates