Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

A little bit of modding to a strap.

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Chris L  
Current mood:
November 18, 2012 02:52AM
This CWC G-10 has been wearing a gray NATO strap for months. I want to change things up a bit, but the watch has fixed lug-bars in the true mil-watch tradition.

I've got some leather options around the home for this. For the last week I was wearing an aviator-style strap with snaps. But the snaps are pretty shiny and clash with the watch finish. Also the leather width was a bit too narrow, exposing too much gap between the lugs for my taste.

So I brought out this Russian Bund-style strap. I bought a batch of these years ago, but they are very cheaply made. The buckle and keeper are really some of the worst type of stamped sheet metal. I decided if I am going to use the strap comfortably, I would need to upgrade that hardware. I dug up a donor buckle and leather keeper from a slightly-beat-up old strap. The original keeper was actually sewn-in to the strap, so I had to carefully make a cut into the buckle with a metal shears.

Here's the old hardware removed.

And the watch on it's new strap.

I agree, the replacement buckle is too shiny, but at least it is not visible when looking at the watch. smile

My 2014 photo calendar now available
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A little bit of modding to a strap. Jpeg Attachments

Chris L259November 18, 2012 02:52AM

Nice work on the strap Chris! You can always brush the buckle if it ends up bothering you. (n/t)

Timemiser51November 18, 2012 07:20PM

Much better! Thumbs up!Clapping! (n/t)

Kenny L59November 18, 2012 07:06PM

Looks great, Chris.Thumbs up! (n/t)

Mark C.58November 18, 2012 02:24PM

Perfect! Thumbs Up (n/t)

Dave M57November 18, 2012 02:13PM

Nicely done! (n/t)

RR21865November 18, 2012 06:28AM

I always have the option to remove the pad, but I'm OK with it now. smile

Chris L60November 18, 2012 05:27AM

SmileThumbs up! (n/t)

IF64November 18, 2012 05:21AM

A nice change, but, & with no disrespect, do you feel the strap dwarfs the watch? I like the Nato....

Riddim Driven66November 18, 2012 03:32AM

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates