Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Q&Ds of my Japan Made Watch or Movement It's a happy day, a new watch arrived

Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
BobbyMike  
Current mood:
November 16, 2012 09:11PM
Seiko 6106-6439 Sports Diver from Feb. of 1971 - English/Spanish day wheel.

Watch needs a little TLC. Case has been over polished a bit and there is a nice scratch on the dial (I knew this going into the transaction). Watch came on a generic rubber dive strap that was cut down from 22mm to 20mm (and an extra generic 22mm rubber strap). That went into my watch box and I put it on a Seiko branded AM bracelet I had in that same box. Quick set works for date but not day, will have to look into that.

Watch has a personalized inscription on back (not professionally done IMO) reading "To Joe with Love from Mom" with an illegible date.

Plus side is that the watch is keeping excellent time on my wrist. I'll be working on the case to bring it closer to the original finish and i have a few ideas to see if I can minimize that scratch.

Overall a nice deal for the money I paid.

Choosing not to forgive someone the wrong they have done you is like drinking poison and waiting for them to die.

www.fingerlingthenovel.com
Fingerling @ Leanpub
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Q&Ds of my Japan Made Watch or Movement It's a happy day, a new watch arrived Jpeg Attachments

BobbyMike193November 16, 2012 09:11PM

Not bad at all, certainly a looker on that bracelet. As for the scratch...

James T. KirkĀ©46November 17, 2012 03:54PM

A classic one, Michael! Enjoy it ! Cheers!Thumbs up! (n/t)

IF48November 17, 2012 07:10AM

Nice vintage Seiko, congrats Michael Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto48November 17, 2012 06:35AM

Love that era-specific color! Thumbs Up Great watch! Yeah, moma liked to engrave stuff when she was drinkin' wink laughing (n/t)

Nuvolari65November 17, 2012 05:41AM

Re: Yeah, moma liked to engrave stuff when she was drinkin' wink laughing

James T. KirkĀ©52November 17, 2012 03:56PM

Thanks Michael I needed a laugh Wink (n/t)

BobbyMike60November 17, 2012 06:22AM

Thumbs up! Bobby, enjoy!Cool (n/t)

jackrobinson63November 16, 2012 11:24PM

Very nice...should clean up really well! CongratsWatch made in Russia (or CCCP) (n/t)

RR21851November 16, 2012 11:04PM

Looks great, BobbyMike. Thumbs up! Congratulations. (n/t)

Mark C.58November 16, 2012 09:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates