Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

It had to happen sooner or later.

Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Anonymous User
July 08, 2012 10:57PM
There are precious few watches in my collection which I have not removed the caseback for a peek at the movement. What can I say? I'm the curious sort. Blushing

So. When I realized today that I'd never done so on the watch I was wearing on me left wrist.. well, sure I broke out the Jaxa Tool and had a look-see!

Click HERE for larger photo or HERE for supersized photo

The Big Pilot Power Reserve GMT Automatic, of course. My favorite Alpha by a Country Mile. WIS Honeymoon As I've mentioned before, I believe. Smile

Big surprise! Oops! Honestly, I'd expected a plastic movement-spacer ring. Crazy! Loco!

Click HERE for larger photo or HERE for Watch or Accessory Review

Not this finely machined solid hunk o' stainless steel! I am confused

After seeing this, α just went way up in my estimation! Thumbs up!

Sláinte! Cheers!

-Ricky

Edit: Fixed duplicate photo link.

"He looked down through the scratched, greenish glass that topped the counter. Watches there, each face to him a tiny and contained poem, a pocket museum, subject over time to the laws of entropy and of chance. These tiny mechanisms, their jeweled hearts beating. Wearing down, he knew, through the friction of metal on metal. He sold nothing unserviced, everything cleaned and lubricated. He took fresh stock to a sullen but highly skilled Pole in Oakland to be cleaned, oiled, and timed. And he did this, he knew, not to provide a better, more reliable product, but to ensure that each one might better survive in an essentially hostile universe. It would have been difficult to admit this to anyone, but it was true and he knew it. --William Gibson, narrative describing Fontaine, All Tomorrow's Parties

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2012 11:15PM by Ricky Lee.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It had to happen sooner or later. Image Attachments URL

Anonymous User452July 08, 2012 10:57PM

This little companies will surprise you sometimes. thats for sure (n/t)

Lawrence Talbot69July 09, 2012 04:26AM

I've actually seen that type of spacer on watches you would never think would go down that road....

dano091July 08, 2012 11:01PM

I don't believe it was Ricky's intent to show off the size of the spacer rather...

Chris L155July 08, 2012 11:10PM

I fully understood that...I am confused

dano088July 08, 2012 11:34PM

Re: ..and yes....that does stick out too (size of movement) Gif Attachments URL

Anonymous User94July 08, 2012 11:43PM

You are correct. Gif Attachments URL

Anonymous User146July 08, 2012 11:27PM

48mm you say..? I'm interested, but I bet it's long unavailable! (n/t)

JY74July 09, 2012 11:16AM

You are correct. That model is, alas, pure Unobtainium nowadays. Frowning

Anonymous User95July 09, 2012 11:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates