Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

3. Precista 89 / PRS-17A

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Jittery Jim  
Current mood:
August 05, 2010 11:45PM
Chosen by: paulc
Why: I'd like to suggest one of Eddie Platt's Timefactors watches, such as the Precista 89 / PRS-17A that I own. With the current exchange rate, the 17A and 18A are great watches for their price (£180/$300 for the 17A). Closely following known military issue designs, these are made by Fricker in Germany and have the ETA 2824 inside. The size of the PRS-17A is comfortable, (43mm w/crown, 39mm across case; 11mm thick). It exudes mil-watch functionality and good looks without appearing like it borrows anything from the ubiquitous Sub design. Build quality is solid, with no plastic spacers and a double o-ring caseback seal. And although this will vary from example to example, it's by far the most accurate mechanical watch I've ever owned. I wore this most of the spring and summer this year, and timed it over a month, during which it gained 12 sec, with no more than 1.5 sec. variation over any 24 hr. period. That's an average of 0.4 sec/day, or better than most $5K+ COSC certified watches will run (I know it's an aberration: my next best 2824 watch runs at +2/day smile ). Accuracy aside, Timefactors watches are great looking, great wearing, and an incredible value for the money, and the customer service from Platts is unbeatable, in my experience.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2013 02:45PM by Reto.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

3. Precista 89 / PRS-17A Jpeg Attachments

Jittery Jim11981August 05, 2010 11:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates