Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Noob Introduction needing some help!

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anonymous User
October 24, 2013 12:33AM
Hello everyone, I recently found this forum and need some advice/help. First I love watches, currently I can't afford any new ones so I've decided as a hobby I want to start tinkering with the ones I own. I've always been fascinated by watches but can never seem to be on time haha. Here's a picture of my current collection

So I need a little help. A lot of the ones I currently own are Snap Backs and I've wanted to get into them. I bought a case knife from Amazon for pretty cheap and found the blade to be too large to get under the tab's of a lot of my watches to open them. Do you guys have any relatively low cost recommendations? I've done some research and found 3 options that I was wondering if you guys could steer me in the right direction, especially if you've had any experience using them. I'll start from the cheapest then go up.

The first is a Bergeon 4932 case knife. This looks remarkably similar to the one I got from Amazon, just with Bergeon quality? I just wonder if it's machined much finer than the one I already have to get into the tiny tabs because I can't afford to buy more items that don't fit my needs. $27 Bergeon 4932 case knife

The second is a Bergeon 4755 pry type. This looks like the edge is finely honed and would get underneath the tabs better? $32 Bergeon 4755

And finally the Bergeon 6987 G. This looks just like the 4932 blade, just with a higher end handle. At $65 plus shipping I'm reluctant to get this because I could buy another watch for that amount haha. Bergeon 6987 G

If anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it. I do want quality tools but $75 with shipping sounds steep for a case knife, regardless how fancy it is. I look forward to your responses and thanks in advance!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Noob Introduction needing some help! Jpeg Attachments URL

Anonymous User283October 24, 2013 12:33AM

By the way, feel free to stop by on the main forum as well... URL

Dave M126October 24, 2013 02:03AM

Welcome to PMWF! I use one like the 4932, but it's a wenger. >>

Dave M104October 24, 2013 01:58AM

I actually use two different pen knives.... Jpeg Attachments

BobbyMike116October 24, 2013 03:06AM

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates