Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Replacing Seiko SNZG dial and hands

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
April 08, 2013 07:39PM
I'm planning on replacing the dial and hands on a SNZG45 but I wanted to make sure this could be done with my limited watch-tinkering experiences and tools.
I saw a tutorial online [www.thewatchsite.com] on how to replace the dial and hands for the 7S36 movement. I have a cheap 3 pin caseback wrench but no vise to hold the watch in. How necessary is this. I've opened up a Vostok Amphibia before and regulated it but this is the extent of my tinkering.

How tough of a mod is this. It looks like the entire movement is held in by the crown screw, which seemed odd. It seems that the hands are just pressed onto the main shafts and the dial is pressed onto the movement.

If I'm going to be in over my head here please let me know. I would like the satisfactino of doing it myself but don't want to break a perfectly good watch.

Also anyone have any good places to find a blue Dial for the 7S36 movement or orange minute plongeur hands?

Any tips on ensuring the watch is water tight after tightening the back on again?

Thanks,
Mike

Edit: I just saw online the SNZG35 which seems to be a very available watch here in the USA. I'm having a hard time find reliable specs about this watch. Can someone tell me the case diameter (without crown) of the SNZG45 and 35? On amazon it says 43 and then shows a photo that indicates 40mm. Are they both the same size? Also I can't find what movement is in the 35. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2013 07:39PM by mike734.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Replacing Seiko SNZG dial and hands URL

mike7341190April 08, 2013 07:39PM

Not that hard ........ Jpeg Attachments

Robmks308April 09, 2013 01:54AM

Re: Replacing Seiko SNZG dial and hands URL

Dave M554April 08, 2013 09:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates