Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Huh? Perhaps your research skills are far beyond mine>>

March 09, 2013 03:35AM
>> but you refer to readily available parts. Thankfully, in recent months, the factory has made crystals, gaskets, crown/stem assemblies, and some bezels available, but that's it.

Do you know of a source for other movement parts? Everyone I know has a 2414 movement that needs a mainspring, and anyone who has played around with the movements has lost or broken a shock spring. We could all use a cannon pinion or two, as well.

Just curious, why was the auction watch non- working?

As you point out, the Vostoks are inexpensive, and you can often find the parts to get the case in shape.

In other budget modding, right now the Seiko 7s26 seems to be the champ. The selection of dials and hands is greatest in watches having the crown at 3:45. You will find many examples in dive watches, and in the Seiko 5 line.

Information about the 2014 PMWF Calendar can be found at: Support independent publishing: Buy this calendar on Lulu.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hopeful First Time Watch Mod

Kevin_D436March 08, 2013 04:18PM

Huh? Perhaps your research skills are far beyond mine>>

Dave M232March 09, 2013 03:35AM

Sorry for the confusing description! Frowning Jpeg Attachments

Kevin_D219March 09, 2013 07:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates