Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

arrhgh! Lost the tiny little battery grounding screw...

November 21, 2012 01:39AM
In my wife's favorite GUCCI, no less. ( Model 6100L)

This watch has an easy-snap back (happily) but I had the watch sitting disassembled on the workbench when a small disaster nearby scattered the parts far and wide.
Found the battery clip, but its little screw is GONE Frowning, Sad

I had to grind down a miniature screwdriver to make something small enough to get this screw out, it had a head diameter of about 1mm but a shaft diameter of only .33mm - and probably half a mm long overall. "Gone with the wind" could not find it on the shop floor...

Is there some standard package of micro watch screws that fit 90% of quartz watches?
I emailed gucci about it but they were not the least bit helpful.

I guess if I took it to a busy watch repair guy they probably could round up a suitable screw for it - but since I'm an hour from even a small town I'm pondering how I might be able to "McGyver" it.

I notice that the watch appears to have FOUR of these screws originally (at least they appear identical on the outside) - one for the battery hold-down, one in the movement plate, and two that appear to be holding down the ends of a long red "coil". I was wondering if it was adviseable to attempt to borrow one of the "coil" screws (assuming that they do not have an electrical function like the battery hold-down screw) - and just tack one end of the coil down with some glue... I suppose its only a slim chance that the screws for the coil are the right length - but still...

Silly idea, or possible? ( I don't want to mess with that coil if its something real fragile... )

Any and all advice is appreciated. See attached pics!

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

arrhgh! Lost the tiny little battery grounding screw... Jpeg Attachments

rockandroller325November 21, 2012 01:39AM

You could get an assortment of screws URL

Dave M190November 22, 2012 02:42AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates