Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

3D printed G-shock bezel experiment

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
November 02, 2012 08:02PM
This is an experiment with 3D printing for a G-shock case/bezel. I bought this inexpensive G-shock on Amazon to experiment with. (about $50) It's a DW-6900, a very popular model of G-shock. The rubber bezel comes off with the removal of just 4 small screws. I took photos of the naked case and imported the 2D photos into SketchUp and created a 3D digital model from them. I 3D printed a test case first to make sure that I had the dimensions correct. The dimensions need to be very precise and I knew that the first test would be off slightly here and there. I made corrections and ordered another print but with some design elements added. I used the cheapest material available. A material called White Strong Flexible or WSF. You'll notice that the texture of this material is rough. Smoother plastics are available but more expensive. The prints are about $6 or so. I'm not too happy about some of the design elements but this is an on going experiment and now that I have a precise case that fits exactly, changing the design is easy. I've just learned that a new type of high detail stainless steel printing has come available from i.Materialise. That might be the next material that I experiment with.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

3D printed G-shock bezel experiment Jpeg Attachments

TheCeladon1390November 02, 2012 08:02PM

Very interesting! Only $6 a print? Seems like a great way to >>

Dave M219November 03, 2012 12:44AM

Thanks for sharing, this is cool! Thumbs up! (n/t)

BobbyMike180November 02, 2012 10:29PM

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates