Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Removing INVICTA engraving

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anonymous User
September 05, 2012 05:40AM
Hey, new here. Found this site while surfing for some 8926 mod tutorials. First being removing cyclopse, which I never wanted to do with my first pro diver 8926A but when I snatched up the new 8926ob nh25a for $65 on amazon last December I wanted to change the look between the two to keep them both in rotation. The 8926A became my NATO beater.

Recently, after rooming with a buddy with a Rolex oyster on vacation I fell in love with that terrible brushed finished that made the other roommate think my prodiver was the more expensive piece without looking at the brand names. I just brushed mine with the scotchbrite method and love it. Except I kept the sides polished because I knew that if I brushed the case side it would only accentuate the INVICTA engraving. Week later I searched around to see if anyone had sanded it off. I wasn't totally impressed with the one or two examples I found. It looked like they didn't get down deep enough to remove the deepest pits. So I abandoned the idea.

Then figured it was only a $65 and $80 watch and I practically had two. So I set to work on the OB first since it would be a brushed finish that would hide the mess left.
I sanded it with dremel stone bit til the letters were gone. Then used a sandpaper bit back and forth strokes to level the surface. After it looked uniform I wet sanded it with 600 to 800 to 1000 at which point it began to shine brilliantly so I knew it was possible to mirror polish the other. This point I dry brushed with scotch pad.

On the second watch, the 8926A, I did same until 2000 grit and kept wet sanding until the paper lost its abrasiveness and began to mirror polish itself. I touched it up with brasso on polish dremel wheel.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Removing INVICTA engraving Jpeg Attachments

Anonymous User2649September 05, 2012 05:40AM

Re: Removing INVICTA engraving

socrates641September 15, 2012 07:48AM

Re: Removing INVICTA engraving

Anonymous User600September 05, 2012 05:37PM

Great work! I was pondering this exact thing, when I learned>>

Dave M467September 05, 2012 12:42PM

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates