Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

May 2014: Nuvolari (Michael)

May 06, 2014 02:48PM

PMWF Name: Nuvolari

Preferred Watch Brands:
Nearly everything. Timex to Tissot, Rolex to Rotary, Seiko, Orient, Alpha... They all have appeal for varying reasons...

Styles:
Oyster-style tool watch cases, divers of all depths, all chronographs, and most vintage Bulova & Elgin

Dream Watch and Link to Picture of it:
Roger Dubuis Millesime Double Flying Tourbillon
I've actually held this watch in my hand... It's dreamy.

Favorite Watch and Link to Picture of it:
Uh, yeah... How about another glance at the double flying tourbillon... Twice as fun as those old-fashion single flying tourbillons.
Awesome technology and build quality - but at $263,000 it's more of a pipe-dream watch Frown, Sad. Still, it's my fave

First Watches in the Collection:
My dad's 1947 Bulova Douglas and 1951 Elgin Shockmaster were found in a box in the garage when I was about 14. I had asked my high school principal about his watch - if it was a Bulova (it was a Hamilton) and he seemed to recognize the potential WIS in me... He invited me to bring the watches in to school and showed me the movements under his loupe and said he had a friend that could fit new crystals and perform a COA. A few weeks later and for a very fair expense they were returned to me in perfect working order. My dad was impressed with how the junk in the garage was turned into treasure, and I was pretty pleased, too. It wasn't until a few years ago that I noticed my principal's initials had been etched in the caseback in during their 80s restoration - he was the "friend" smile.

I thought my dad's old military ID looked right along side the watches...

Favorite Food:
Pasta baby, pasta!! Who's ready to carbo-load with me?! Also, note Amphibia on wine bottle... That's what time it is, yo!

Favorite Drink:
Vino rosso, Gin & tonic, vodka cran, spiced rum

Collects mainly:
Mainly watches. But I'm all over the map there! LED, tuning fork, hand wind, auto... And yes, some quartz. Chronograph, chronometer, pin-lever... You name it, I'll find it difficult to not like. Unless it's ugly wink

WIS since:
Based on that first story about my principal I'd say it started around 1984-1987... Around the time when all those John Hughes films were becoming a thing...

Link to Homepage or Favorite Watch Link:

Family:
A patient wife and two beautiful daughters that make me impatient...

Profession:
Mortgage Banker/Real Estate Finance

Lives in:
Brentwood, CA ("East Bay" or "Delta" region of the greater San Francisco "Bay Area")

Other Passions:
Racing, cars in general, and good cigars - all compatible with being a WIS smile

Hobbies:
Racing and shooting clay... But that's kind of a new one for me.

Favorite Quote

Mine:
"Your Honor, I ask that this case be dismissed NOT just because today is my birthday, but also for the specific reasons I sited pursuant to vehicle code section 40508b under 'definition of a speed trap'".

Carl Haas:
"To make a small fortune in sportscar racing is a pretty straight forward process: First, you start with a large fortune - and the rest pretty much happens on it's own!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2014 12:49PM by Dave M.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

May 2014: Nuvolari (Michael) Jpeg Attachments URL

Dave M201May 06, 2014 02:48PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates