Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

July, 2013: Reto

July 14, 2013 03:18PM
PMWF Name: Reto

Preferred Watch Brands: I am collecting movements rather than brands today. And I do not prefer a particular movement manufacturer. I try to find movements that are not in my collection yet and I have a weak spot for technical novelties, given they are affordable. Movements can be Quartz and Mechanical.

Styles: Military, Sports, Diver's, Tool watches, Chronographs and the occasional Dress Watch

Dream Watch and Link to Picture of it: Like my favorite watch, my dream watch keeps changing. There is no single watch that I would consider my dream watch

Favorite Watch and Link to Picture of it: The favorite watch from my collection keeps changing. But these below certainly belong to the inner circle

And often, the latest acquisition(s) is(are) in that circle too:

First Watches in the Collection:

The very first watch I remember was a Fortis Flipper (ca. 1964)

pic credit [237studio.com]

This Ronda has a very special place in my collection. It was one of the first affordable Quartz watches in the 70ies. I paid CHF 55 for it and was so proud to own one of the revolutionary new Quartz watches

This was my first expensive watch:

And this Raymond Weil really kicked off the collecting madness:

Favorite Food: Italian, Swiss bread, cheese and chocolate

Favorite Drink: Coffee, Coke Zero or Pepsi Max

Collects mainly: I have no collection focus, I buy watches with my watch heart and that is BIG. Thus there are many different styles in my collection

WIS since: Not sure I can date that. As a boy I loved tinkering with mechanical alarm clocks. Watches and Time have always fascinated me.

Link to Homepage or Favorite Watch Link: Reto's Watch Collection and of course the "Poor Man's" Watch Forum

Family: My son Philip and may daughter Reya from my second wife Kritaya

Profession: Studied Electrical Engineering, worked as educator and consultant

Lives in: Bangkok, Thailand since 1995

Other Passions: Traveling, movies

Hobbies: Watches, watches and did I say watches?

Favorite Quote: Carpe Diem - Memento Mori

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2013 09:21AM by Reto.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

July, 2013: Reto Jpeg Attachments URL

Dave M558July 14, 2013 03:18PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates