Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

August 2011: BobbyMike (Michael)

BobbyMike  
Current mood:
September 15, 2011 08:57PM
Preferred Watch Brands or Styles: I mainly concentrate on diving and tool watches, although I’ve been diversifying lately.

Dream Watch and Link to Picture of it: Ahhh, that is an everchanging beast as I’m frequently seeing watches for the first time. If I had to be pressed it would be either a Blancpain Aqualung or an early Tudor Sub.

ncmoto's (Ken) Tudor Sub

Aqualung from the 'net

Favorite Watch and Link to Picture of it: I guess my Seiko Sportsmatic Deluxe

First Watches in the Collection: A Blue dialed quartz Seiko Sports 100 that I bought new in 1980. It’s patiently waiting repair in my box of watch stuff.

Favorite Food: Tex-Mex, Sushi, homemade pasta, my wife’s desserts.

Favorite Drink: In order I drink our well water (delicious), Coca Cola, Dark beer (porters, stouts) and eggnog.

Collects mainly: Watches and old woodworking tools.

WIS since: ? Hard to say. I guess I was one long before I knew the term.

Link to Homepage or Favorite Watch Link: www.pmwf.com

Age, Family: I'm 48, married for 21 years to my wonderful wife, Elizabeth. We have 4 children, whom we’ve homeschooled, Samuel (18), Crispin (16), Martin (13), and Charlotte(8). We are sort of a DIY family, we raise our own Chickens for eggs and meat, make our Maple syrup, can our own vegetables and generally try to grow as much of our own food as possible.

I was born into a Naval family at Portsmouth Naval Hospital in Portsmouth Virginia. I grew up in various places in the South, such as Memphis before my dad was assigned to Moffett Field in California in the early 1970’s. After my dad left the Navy we moved to Houston, Texas where I lived until I joined the USMC. I was stationed at Marine Barracks 8th and “I” in Washington, DC and Camp David. While stationed in DC I used to come up to Columbia County, NY with a friend to visit his family farm. While there I grew to appreciate the area and ended up moving up there after I left the USMC. I only meant to stay for a few years, but met my future wife, fell in love and stayed.

My wife and I ran our own glassblowing studio for about 13 years, where we designed and sold our own lines, wholesale and retail. During that time I also learned how to make custom boots (hiking and Cowboy), restore old houses (with an emphasis on homes built from 1760-1890) and build custom furniture. After we stopped blowing glass I went into construction full time. I’ve also managed a farm Store, sold cars and installed Solar Hot Water systems.

Profession: I still make custom furniture and cabinetry, work as a carpenter (trim and rough), install Solar Hot Water systems and recently learned the trade of water mitigation.

Lives in: Beautiful Columbia County NY

Other Passions and Hobbies: Collecting old cars/trucks, brewing my own beer.

Favorite Quote: “Children are a gift from God, a reward….”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 09:00PM by BobbyMike.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

August 2011: BobbyMike (Michael) URL

BobbyMike1209September 15, 2011 08:57PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates