Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

December 2009: Jose5

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Jittery Jim  
Current mood:
December 16, 2009 12:31AM
PMWF Name: Jose5

Preferred Watch Brands or Styles: I like mostly Swiss mechanical Vintage watches from about 1940's to early 1980's, somewhere in the 32mm to 38mm size range. I also like the Modern (1970's-present) Seiko brand very much because they are so well made and durable, and the Best Value of all the mechanical watches.

Dream Watch and Link to Picture of it: Nice simple and basic. [www.watches.co.uk]

Favorite Watch: Any one of these. I pretty much wear them regularly [i51.photobucket.com]

First Watches in the Collection: When I really got into collecting watches was when My older brother gave me a watch that my younger brother got when he was in the army. My younger brother said one of his buddies gave it to him. He gave it to my older brother, and my older brother wasn't into watches, so he gave it to me. I did a little bit of research on it and found out it was worth about $100 more or less. So I found this outfit near where I was living at the time in Virginia, and they restored and services watches like it all the time. The watch was a Benrus Type2 Class B. I had it serviced and the crystal replaced and that was the first official watch of my collection. A few years later after moving back to San Diego, I gave it back to my brother as a Birthday present.

Favorite Food: I don't have a particular favoirte. But I will eat anything if I'm hungry enough.

Favorite Drink: Water.

Collects mainly: Mechanical Vintage, Seikos, and lately my collection of homage and customs has been growing.

WIS since: I think my first watch was when I was about 8 years old. I remember I asked for a watch for my birthday, and my parents thought I was too young still, but let me get one anyway. I didn't know anything about watches then, but I got a Swiss Made mechanical chronograph. I didn't know anything about it, or what brand it was, I just remember it had a black dial, two small dials horizontally, and the large sweep hand in the center started running when you pressed the top button. It was about a $75 watch back in 1968.

Age, Family: Will be 50 this coming May, Single, No kids (WooHoo).

Profession: Currently self employed as a Retail merchandiser.

Lives in: San Diego

Other Passions and Hobbies: Before the economy went south, I enjoyed collecting Antiques and collectibles, and when I wanted something else, I would sell them and get something else.

Favorite Quote: "WHAT?" I say it often when I talk to people. I communicate with alot of different people thru out the day, and often can't believe the things people tell me about their experiences with things or other people.

My goal in watch collecting: I would like to learn enough about watches to be able to talk to anyone else about watches, and their interest and ideas, to have an enjoyable, informative discussion.

Jittery Jim :: James :: PMWF Admin
about mewatches in moviesfacebooktwitterblogwriting about watches

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 04:30PM by Reto.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

December 2009: Jose5 URL Jpeg Attachments

Jittery Jim2081December 16, 2009 12:31AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates