Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Death of the DSLR?

December 06, 2013 06:18PM
Peeps,

Just read an interesting article on a blog I peruse occasionally:
Death of the DSLR

Figured I'd post it over here and see what folks here thought. We certainly have some folks that can speak to the subject, Micha didn't you just get a mirrorless cam?

Personally, I like the idea of a smaller / lighter camera. No matter how you turn it, a DSLR with a few lenses ends up being a pretty heavy bag. But how much quality would I be giving up with the smaller sensor? I know this is the far opposite extreme, but I cringe a bit every time I look at one of the pics my wife takes of Little Man (invariably with her iphone). Granted, the mirrorless cameras have sensors far bigger than an iphone, but few of them are the size of DSLR's. And those that are that big are fairly expensive.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Death of the DSLR? URL

Dre87December 06, 2013 06:18PM

I would not shed a single tear over the heavy stuff being a thing of the past. I love light and >>>

Reto44December 07, 2013 01:25PM

I got Nikon's entry level mirrorless camera....

Micha36December 11, 2013 07:45PM

I'm with you on the small and light aspect

Dre40December 08, 2013 02:10AM

5 minutes after I sent the URL I get this >>>

Reto44December 07, 2013 01:32PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates