Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

I am angry! I hate when I forget to turn off VR when using a tripod.

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Chris L  
Current mood:
September 30, 2013 04:48AM
As the sun started dipping lower on the horizon, I thought I would take a quick trip to a county park I know with an old grain mill on the river. I was thinking along the lines of recreating a pic I took 5 years ago, except do it a bit better. First I started out on the lower part of the dam, outside of the park. Best angle is from the highway bridge crossing the river, but way to dangerous to stand there. This angle is closer and more square to the mill. Wish I could do this without the anglers tonight.

So here's where things went wrong. Before leaving home I turned of the VR of the lens, assuming I would be using my tripod exclusively. I got to that first spot, and decided just shoot a couple handheld and go around to the high side inside of the park. I think I remembered to turn on VR for the handheld pics, then forgot and left it on.

I drive around and find the site of where I remember photographing the other side of the mill 5 years ago. However since that time it appears a tree fell over along the river bank, obscuring the view now. But then I see either a crane or egret across the river. I took a couple of dozen pics of it fishing. I was using tripod and remote shutter release. Every one of those pics are motion blurred. Frown, Sad

Of course I don't discover this until I got home.

But it was not all bad. I chased the sunset down the highway, finally choosing to stop at a VFW overlooking the airport for sunset pics. They have a good view of a wetland that extends beyond the main runway of the airport.

I suppose I remembered to check VR was off for those pics. laughing Oh well, it is a shame. I know I had captured the crane with a fish in it's mouth a couple of times.

My 2014 photo calendar now available
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I am angry! I hate when I forget to turn off VR when using a tripod. Jpeg Attachments

Chris L103September 30, 2013 04:48AM

Knowing myself I would forget to turn it on/off Oops! Glad non of my lenses have IS laughing (n/t)

cmoy47September 30, 2013 02:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates