Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Watch or Accessory Review Bernhardt Binnacle Diver

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
JP  
Current mood:
November 15, 2013 03:03PM
Technically not a new watch, the Bernhardt Binnacle Diver is the lastest iteration of the famed Sea Shark.

I have been wanting the green dial for a long time. I think this was one of the first to sell out on the Sea Shark. It made it back to the Bernhardt catalogue earlier this year.

I held back for a bit because I kept being distracted WHISTLE! and had questions about the second hand. On many web pictures and even the Bernhardt website, I was seeing pictures with what seemed different hand colors : black, steel or even white.

After a few communication with Fred Amos - he confirmed second hand is steel color - I placed my order and got the watch within 3 days - shipped USPS. No problem.

The watch is packaged in a cool watch case

Once I removed 4 links to fit my 7" wrist it doesn't leave much on to grab and hold into the case.

I am not sure it can be used as a travel case. Still a nice touch of a case, compared to those big wooden cases that come with many "boutique" brand these days.

The watch itself is just beautiful, I just wish I could take a good picture of the dial to renter its metallic green beauty.

Took me a while to get a good picture. Dial and bezel are just fantastic WIS Honeymoon

Great color combination of green and white. Cool shark tooth markers. No date makes for a nice balanced dial.

There is also a lot to like about the case:
Nice 42mm with the bezel. Bezel is a tad larger than the case itself. Good grab for the bezel.
13 mm thick.
My favorite detail is the tappered inner part of the lugs. This gives it an extra touch of different and somewhat a vintage feel.

Bracelet and clasp are solidely built. 4.25mm thick links with screwed links Thumbs Up
7.5 mm screw-down crown
Great case back

I like that picture

The one big pet peeve on that watch is the way the bracelet is integrated into the first link.
The first articulation of the bracelet occurs outside of the lugs. Which makes the watch wear bigger than it should.
The actual lug to lug dimension is about 48 mm, the bracelet is actually articulated like at 53 mm Eek!

It also looks odd at times. See below how links stick out - doesn't look right.

This is a bit of an annoyance to me. Could be problematic for smaller wrist and no problem for big wrists.
That is why I tried the watch on various Nato. She does wear great on Nato Thumbs Up

At the end of the day, she belongs on steel. So I manned up and put it back on that great bracelet Rolling on the floor laughing my a.. off Another great option is brown leather a la Alpinist. This is surely something I will try; stay tuned wink

The watch is powered by a Miyota auto 8125. Doesn't hack, but I don't care wink

At $259 this is a great deal of a watch Thumbs Up ... sure deserves a spot in the top 10 PM watch list Cheers!

- Jean-Paul -

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 04:08PM by JP.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watch or Accessory Review Bernhardt Binnacle Diver Jpeg Attachments

JP1215November 15, 2013 03:03PM

I had a couple of the original, nice watches for sure. (n/t)

carlopmwf74November 17, 2013 06:58PM

Nice Watch or Accessory Review JP and congrats! (n/t)

wodo59November 16, 2013 07:25PM

Super watch! had one myself not too long ago... Jpeg Attachments

Ethan_Mack55November 16, 2013 04:35PM

A really great choice, Jean-Paul!Cheers!Thumbs up!

IF37November 16, 2013 07:03AM

I agree with Zeb - fabulous watch and review! Thumbs Up (n/t)

Nuvolari39November 16, 2013 06:36AM

Enjoy the watch just like how I enjoyed your review. Clapping! (n/t)

Anonymous User37November 16, 2013 05:59AM

Thumbs Up That green dial makes me envious envious envious envious Great review! smile (n/t)

Zeb34November 16, 2013 02:58AM

A lovely watch at a great price - congrats mate. (n/t)

JY49November 16, 2013 02:28AM

Thanks a lot JP Thumbs Up I will move this into our REVIEWs forum later on. A great watch and Ioannis >>>

Reto80November 16, 2013 01:54AM

Mais, bien sure !!! LaughingCheers!Thumbs up! (n/t) Jpeg Attachments

IF40November 16, 2013 07:06AM

Thanks for the great review!

Dre47November 15, 2013 07:18PM

It's a great watch Jean Paul. That green is just gorgeous! My Globemaster is one of my favorites.

Timemiser39November 15, 2013 06:39PM

Great Watch, if they offer a quartz version the dials would look great under some liquid smile (n/t)

solex51November 15, 2013 03:44PM

Sure colored dials would be of great effect Thumbs Up (n/t)

JP46November 15, 2013 04:06PM

Great Watch or Accessory Review and NICE diver! Thumbs Up Cool (n/t)

cmoy46November 15, 2013 03:38PM

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates