Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Watch or Accessory ReviewLanded! Obris Morgan Flieger Review!!!Multiple pictures in this post

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
October 29, 2011 04:17PM

Wow, I'm excited to be posting another full review of a new watch. I've gotten several and am way behind on reviews, so here goes.

I just received an Obris Morgan Flieger - it's a piece from the orient that I had to have based on looks alone. In that department, it truly shines. This is a watch that catches a lot of attention. Unfortunately, my pictures don't quite do it justice due to the color scheme. Admittedly, I had never heard of Obris Morgan until I saw the advert here on PMWF. As with all mushroom brands, I start out as skeptical, but this one had some pretty detailed and beautiful photos on their website so I thought I'd take a deeper look.

The F.007.03.A caught my eye, and in particular the grey dial-green hands model. As this did not seem to be available on the site, I contacted Justin via the web form to request it. He promptly replied in the affirmative and the order was placed. This began the waiting game, which was punctuated by truly wonderful customer service. The original shipment of the watch was held up at customs and shipped back. Apparently there was a concern that the watch was a fake, so back to Hong Kong it went. Justin contacted me several times throughout the process and kept me updated. When he received it back, he re-shipped it using EMS and it arrived 4 days later. To apologize for the problem (even though it was not his fault), Justin included an extra carbon fiber bund strap with red stitching. I don't have pics of it here, but it was a very nice "thank you" that was quite unnecessary (though appreciated). My hat goes off to Justin and his excellent communication. Now, on to the watch:

It arrived in a gorilla case that is very cool. Unfortunately, the sticker on the top is faded, and I am not sure if this was a product of shipping or just the way it is, but that's just a minor and silly concern

CIMG6295

Inside the box was the watch, the two extra bands (brown leather one shown here), and the warranty/manual materials. All of these are professional-looking. Justin even threw in extra spring bars - a nice touch!

CIMG6296

CIMG0011

The watch generally includes 2 straps. There is a padded buttery-soft leather custom strap with white stitching that comes on the watch itself, as well as a brown leather off-the-shelf strap that is also high quality. The black one has a signed buckle, the brown one does not. I like this because the brown one will be finding a home on my Techne Sparrow Hawk which currently is wearing a shark mesh (that'll be heading for my Hamilton Khaki Navy). Having a signed buckle on the wrong watch is a big pet peave of mine.

CIMG0025

The watch itself has a stainless steel case with a coin edge. There is the customary onion crown and standard pushers on the right side. The back of the watch has a signed exhibition back showing the decorated sea-gull movement. The provided specs are Automatic Calibre: OM.355.01, Frequency: 21,600 bph, and Accuracy: +/- 10 sec/day. This is confirmed on the manual:

CIMG0026

CIMG0010

The dial itself is beautiful, with one of the nicest color schemes I've seen. This is what really sold me. It has multiple complications showing 24hour time, day and date, month, and year. This is a common chinese movement seen in a similar watch from alpha. I've looked at that alpha watch multiple times and considered buying it. It should be noted that this is basically the same piece costing $100 more, but I must say, it was worth the extra dough. The fit and finish is excellent, and it seems Obris Morgan has greatly refined the alpha finish and packaging.

CIMG0015

CIMG0019

CIMG6299

The crystal is domed sapphire with an anti-reflective coating -- something you definitely are not getting from alpha. The diameter of the watch is 44mm with 22mm lugs, and it wears beautifully on the wrist. It is quite lightweight but doesn't feel cheap, and is rated at 5ATM water resistance. Though I didn't take any lume shots (I know, sorry!), I was remarkably impressed with the quality. The thing shines very brightly and all of the numbers light up along with the hands. I was surprised as I assumed only the hands were lumed. On the contrary, luminous paint has been liberally applied to all the places you'd want it and looks good with a little outdoor charging.

Overall, I must say I love this watch. It has quickly become a favorite and while it may seem steep at $189 for a Seagull "phoney-o-graph", I think anyone purchasing it will be remarkably pleased. Also, the customer service is excellent and was a pleasant ordering experience overall. Thanks again, Justin!!!

CIMG0018

CIMG0003

CIMG0004

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2011 04:56PM by nightmd.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watch or Accessory ReviewLanded! Obris Morgan Flieger Review!!!Multiple pictures in this post Jpeg Attachments

nightmd7952October 29, 2011 04:17PM

Congrats! (n/t)

wodo340October 30, 2011 09:05PM

Is the lug width really 15mm? Looks bigger. (n/t)

Blackdog1101199October 30, 2011 03:21PM

No, lug width is 22mm as written in the review. Not sure where 15mm came from? (n/t)

nightmd187October 30, 2011 04:42PM

Nice Watch or Accessory Review Enjoy! (n/t)

Anonymous User163October 30, 2011 03:10PM

Very nice looking. Congratulations.Thumbs up! (n/t)

Mark C.215October 30, 2011 02:19PM

Good review, I've looked at this brand several times but

JY232October 30, 2011 09:02AM

SmileThumbs up! (n/t)

IF151October 30, 2011 07:35AM

Congrats and thanks for the review. I will later move it to our Watch Reviews forum Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto249October 30, 2011 12:53AM

Do you have any information about the caliber: where does it come from? (n/t)

Reto216October 30, 2011 12:55AM

I believe it's a Seagull. The website is vague. Perhaps an ST6? (n/t)

nightmd242October 30, 2011 04:50PM

Very stealthy ! (n/t)

DRFP224October 29, 2011 11:53PM

Awesome, looks great! (n/t)

Blackdog1101202October 29, 2011 10:48PM

Very nice review. I like to hear about great customer service Cheers! (n/t)

BobbyMike234October 29, 2011 08:56PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates