Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Watch or Accessory Review Scored a sweet TX at the Time Factory store in Myrtle Beach

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Chance  
Current mood:
June 24, 2011 02:24PM

We made plans months ago to come to Myrtle Beach for a much-needed week-long vacation (which we are currently enjoying) and I was hopeful that the Time Factory store (Timex outlet) would have some of the TX watches available. Much to my delight, they had an impressive selection--at least thirty different styles! It took some doing, but I selected the one I felt best suited me, a silvery-white dialed fly-back chronograph with second time zone, model number T3C432. Let me share with you now my impressions of it while my wife and daughter are still snoozing. laughing

I have to say I was impressed with all the TX watches I handled while at the store--I would put them on par with Citizen's better Eco-Drive models. In fact, I was wearing my Promaster SST when I was making my selection and the level of finish on this TX was right there with it. Build quality is excellent. My only criticism of the watch's construction is the bracelet, and it's slight. There are some rough spots on the inside edges of a couple of the links, and I believe they should have come up with a way to sign the bracelet with the TX logo. That's it. Functionally, the band is very good with a hidden butterfly deployant, solid links throughout and solid end links.

The watch has an engraved screw-down crown (one of the smoothest I've encountered), while the pushers are "screw-down look"...that's OK in my book since screw-down pushers actually annoy me on watches rated less than 200 meters water resistant. (This TX is rated for 100 meters) The chronograph's central seconds hand moves in 1/5-second increments...very slick. The lower right subdial measures up to 10 minutes of elapsed time, at which point it resets and the top left subdial moves a notch to indicate 10 minutes of elapsed time. When the chronograph is not active, the top right subdial displays time in a second zone. The second time zone is set independently of the main time. The "Luminova" on the hands and dial markers is decent.

There were other models speaking to me, but this one hollered out based on a number of characteristics: it's big (45mm+), it's a clean design (a couple others I liked had these faux hex-head screws coming out the sides of the lugs, implying that's how the band was mounted), it has a beautifully-detailed white/silver dial (I don't have a sport/casual watch with a white/silver dial), it's a chronograph (I'm a sucker for 'em) and it has a rotating bezel, albeit a sliderule which I'm clueless on. Who cares, it looks cool. Also, it has standard 22mm lugs, which opens up a range of strap change possibilities based on my current collection of bands at home. Most of the other models sported 20mm lugs or integrated straps/bracelets.

Prices on these TX models are quite advantageous, likely because they've been discontinued or had minor issues that have been corrected by Timex and then sent along to the Time Factory stores for "disposal". Mine might be a combination of the two: a bit of Internet searching turns up few places where this particular model may be obtained, and there is a small spot on the crown side of the case that indicates some refinishing was done to remove a scratch. My wife thinks I'm anal (I am) but it's obvious to folks like us since the brush strokes don't exactly match the brushing on the rest of that side of the case. No matter--for what I paid, I'll happily live with it. It's a fantastic watch that provides a lot of bang for the buck. Did I mention it also has a sapphire crystal? For some reason, that really sends me.

Here are some pictures of the new member of the herd. If you get a chance to visit a Time Factory store, do yourself a favor and at least take a look at these TX models. They're really very impressive.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watch or Accessory Review Scored a sweet TX at the Time Factory store in Myrtle Beach

Chance2084June 24, 2011 02:24PM

Administrators please. PMWF Museum please! (n/t)

Anonymous User249September 16, 2011 02:16PM

Cool watch & a great review! Clapping!

Anonymous User185June 26, 2011 02:13PM

Interesting....but....to busy for me!!!! (n/t)

dano0152June 25, 2011 08:02PM

Great review Colby Smile (n/t)

Adam in NYC133June 25, 2011 02:14AM

That's one of my favorite TX models! I dig the retro-grade displays... great watchThumbs Up (n/t)

Nuvolari198June 24, 2011 09:57PM

Way cool TX, congrats. Cheers! (n/t)

Robmks163June 24, 2011 09:52PM

Great! Enjoy it! Very nice bracelet too!Cheers! (n/t)

IF164June 24, 2011 09:17PM

Congratulations. Thumbs up! (n/t)

DanB150June 24, 2011 07:54PM

Re: Watch or Accessory Review Scored a sweet TX at the Time Factory store in Myrtle Beach

davegvalentine171June 24, 2011 07:40PM

Great review and photos! Thanks Thumbs up! (n/t)

Need_Omega144June 24, 2011 06:15PM

I looked at that same one in the outlet in Fl. Love the orange detail. (n/t)

Timemiser177June 24, 2011 06:07PM

I'm not a chrono guy, but I like your choice. Great utilization...

Riddim Driven130June 24, 2011 04:43PM

Nice!! Many WIS ignore Timex due to their prominence in the entry level market

bjohnson187June 24, 2011 04:10PM

Nice shots of that TX smile (n/t)

Ed Brandwein142June 24, 2011 03:16PM

Really cool functions on that one, and GREAT review, with one exception>>>

DJM243June 24, 2011 02:47PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates