Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Watch or Accessory Review : Gruen GR8507

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Anonymous User
May 25, 2011 11:56PM
Another from Marc, this is a product of the modern M.Z. Berger version of .

Click HERE for larger photo or HERE for Mega-sized photo

This is my second "Gruen-by-MZ-Berger", actually, as I also own a modern Curvex. Like the Curvex, this watch is heavily informed by classic vintage Gruen styling. Mind you, it's quite large by vintage standards, at 38mm X 43.5mm X 7.5mm thick, with 19mm lugs. It's a base metal bezel with SS caseback..

Click HERE for larger photo or HERE for supersized photo

..and my example shows a little bit of pitting around the periphery of the movement well. Nothing serious and, remember, The Camera Is Merciless. Wink While this doesn't bode well for the long-term durability, of course it's to be expected with base metal. One nice touch, there was no need to guess about the movement in this one. Smile Yup, an SII VX07E, which took right off upon installation of a fresh 364 cell. Thumbs up!

Also visible in this view, note the "semi-hooded" lugs. Quite an unusual feature, one that I've only seen on a couple of other watches.

Click HERE for larger photo or HERE for supersized photo

Alas, no HWS, since the OEM strap is a mile away from fitting me. I wore it on a black 1-piece 18mm nylon MilStrap today, but I do recognize that this one demands leather. Black, I think, and perhaps croc-grain to mimic the OEM fitment. We'll see.

All in all I'm really diggin' this one! The dial is exquisitely detailed, much nicer that my mediocre photos show. Likewise the hands are great, and the case is quite decent, base metal or no. It's one of the very few quartz small-seconds I own, and I find the dead-accurate grab-n-go quartz convenience combined with classic vintage styling to be irresistible. Another keeper, I swan! WIS Honeymoon

Thank you! Bro. Marc, I'll wear it with pride and respect. Your father certainly had Good Taste when it comes to watches.. which explains something about you yourself, perhaps. Wink

Cheers!

-Ricky

"A man, like a watch, is to be valued for his manner of going." - William Penn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2011 11:59PM by Ricky Lee.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watch or Accessory Review : Gruen GR8507 Gif Attachments Jpeg Attachments URL

Anonymous User1691May 25, 2011 11:56PM

Congrats Ricky. A round of Clapping! for Marc. (n/t)

Mark C.332May 26, 2011 02:26PM

Bravo to Marc ! Bravo to Ricky !Thumbs up! (n/t)

IF139May 26, 2011 08:00AM

Thanks Ricky Thumbs Up Great looking Gruen Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto152May 26, 2011 06:15AM

Pretty watch. Lovely dial and sub dial Thumbs Up (n/t)

JP167May 26, 2011 04:50AM

Good review Smile (n/t)

Adam in NYC135May 26, 2011 03:16AM

Nice job, RL! Clapping! (n/t)

MCV165May 26, 2011 12:17AM

Blushing

Anonymous User156May 26, 2011 03:10AM

Looks great! Thanks for the review Thumbs up! (n/t)

Need_Omega144May 26, 2011 12:12AM

Love the different textures in the dial.....reminds me a little bit of th Bernhardt officers watch..! (n/t)

dano0130May 26, 2011 12:04AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates