Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Watch or Accessory Review : Field And Stream F30GVL

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Anonymous User
May 22, 2011 12:17AM
This is another watch from the Bro. MCV.

And, yes, it's "Field And Stream" as in the magazine. While I'm not a subscriber, I am a regular reader, since I swap my motorcycle magazines with a co-worker for his "Field And Streams".

Interesting styling..

Click HERE for larger photo or HERE for supersized photo

..and a nice size at 40mm X 47mm X 10mm, with 20mm lugs. It came on a tan leather strap which, while quite well-made, was a tad short for me. But I reckon..

..it works pretty darned good with the black NATO! Smile

The rotating bezel is a 60-clicker, and has quite a nice action. The crown is a conventional push-pull..

..but it does have a screw-in caseback. Maybe. Judging by the spanner-scrape it might be a snap-in masquerading as a screwdown. Laughing I'll let you know when I have to put a battery in it. Wink And, of course, the movement could be any one of about a dozen possibilities. I'm thinkin' it won't be nothing I haven't seen before, so I'll get back wi' ye on that, too, at the first battery change.

The caseback etching is a nice detail. At the risk of belaboring the obvious, I call your attention to the reflection in the caseback. "Field And Stream"", so I took some pains to get the green grass of the field reflected as it is. Cheers! I know, I know! That means I need to do the same with a stream... Rolling on the floor laughing my a.. off

One thing's for certain..

It wears Grrrrrrrrrrr8! Thumbs up! It's received some notice, too. Indeed, an unsolicited offer to buy it right off me wrist! Crazy! Loco! I wore it to work today (yeah, working on Saturday Frowning), and showed it off a bit. Hot bed of Outdoosrmen that my area is, the offer shouldn't be a real surprise. The gent's a hard-core hunter and fisher, and reads Field And Stream faithfully. His first offer was lowball in the extreme, and easy to refuse. Then, to my mild surprise, after I declined he doubled it. Still pocket change, so I declined again. Then, to my astonishment, he doubled it again! Eek! Now we're talking sure 'nough Folding Money. Smile But I had to decline once more. Why?

Well, selling this watch after Bro. Marc entrusted it to me as a keepsake of his father just seemed wrong. Believe it or not, as big an ass as I can be at times, I am a man who places great store in Honor and Principle, and I do try to be Friendly and Helpful. I fancy I succeed maybe 3/4th of the time.. Wink

In any case, Bro. Marc, I'll make you this solemn pledge: I'll, never, ever sell any of these watches. I do plan to turn some into Tom Swifties, and I may pass some along to other worthies unmodified. But given the spirit in which you've passed your papa's watches along to me, I'd as lief pee on an electric fence Eek! than turn a buck on them.

Anyway, If any o' y'all were wondering, yes..

Click HERE for larger photo

..it is a full-lume dial. Wink WooHOO! WIS Honeymoon

Thanks so much, Bro. Marc, I will wear it with pride, and in remembrance of your father.

Cheers!

-Ricky

"A man, like a watch, is to be valued for his manner of going." - William Penn
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watch or Accessory Review : Field And Stream F30GVL Jpeg Attachments URL

Anonymous User2129May 22, 2011 12:17AM

Great lume watch Thumbs Up (n/t)

JP466May 23, 2011 03:09PM

Great gesture & amazing dial! (n/t)

Timemiser214May 22, 2011 02:11PM

Nice. Good pics to Ricky. (n/t)

ErikP167May 22, 2011 12:06PM

Great review Ricky, thanks a lot! Marked for archive in "Watch Reviews" Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto177May 22, 2011 06:08AM

Looks great watch, Ricky! Thumbs up!Smile (n/t)

IF182May 22, 2011 04:04AM

You're all field & stream RL -- Perfect Thumbs up! (n/t)

Riddim Driven183May 22, 2011 03:39AM

That lume shot is outta sight! However, >>

Anonymous User196May 22, 2011 03:04AM

I *wondered* who'd be the first to catch that! Laughing Gif Attachments

Anonymous User174May 22, 2011 03:14AM

Another Thumbs Up (n/t)

DJM170May 22, 2011 02:11AM

Great LUME!!! Cool (n/t)

dano0165May 22, 2011 01:45AM

That lume looks terrific smile Its a keeper just for that (n/t)

Ed Brandwein231May 22, 2011 01:06AM

Surprisingly long-lasting, too! Thumbs up!

Anonymous User177May 22, 2011 01:29AM

Nice job, RL! Thank you! (n/t)

MCV169May 22, 2011 12:52AM

No, Thank you! Marc. I am confused

Anonymous User160May 22, 2011 01:24AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates