Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Watch or Accessory Review Activa SL040-003 .......

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
dano0  
Current mood:
April 20, 2011 12:27AM
This watch came from a deal of the day website (Shark Stores, no affiliation.), and for $9 bucks plus shipping (Came out to 14.95), I figured I would give it a go. Now this watch may scare a few of you on the forum, especially the Invicta haters club. But hear me out, this watch, for the price, was practically a steal. While it doesnt scream quality, It makes up for in size, design, and overall appearance!!! I always wanted an Invicta Lupah, from which this el cheapo example models itself after, but could never bring myself to buy one, so, when I saw this super cheap example, I was sold. Yeah, the faux pushers turned me off too, at first, but after I saw other Activa examples , sans the fake pusher, well, they do the watch much better justice. This is a lot of watch for the price. but it does have several turn offs. One of those being the snap on caseback. Not a deal breaker, but negative nonetheless. The other comes from the writing on the caseback. You see, whenever I buy a super cheap watch, I always go for stainless steel cases, period. Shark stores advertised this watch having a ss case. The writing on the caseback, however has me worried. "Stainless steel caseback"...those dreadfull words. It does look like stainless, but, looks, as many of you know, can be decieving. Another drawback found in the literature on the caseback is, "Swiss Parts Movement"....now what the HELL does that mean? I tried to identify the movement, however, without a loupe, I could not. I did take some photos, however, so if anyone wants to take a stab, be my guest. Anyhow, those negatives aside, for the money paid, this is a pretty attractive watch. It comes on a "leatherette" band, (whatever that means...synthetic leather my guess), that feels more like vinyl than leather. It is, however, very comfortable, and easily fits my 8 inch wrist (three holes left, and more band to spare). It has contrast with its white leather stitching, which I like. It has lume on the hands, but nowhere else. It does come across a little bit hard to read, with its bubble like crystal and odd font hands, but it remains attractive. It has a signed buckle with the activa logo, and I like the lupah like crown. These watches Retail for anywere from $15-$29.99. so its a better value on the low end of that for sure. I do like the watch though, and it does have good weight to it. It feels like a lupah, but is deffinately far from it. Overall, it gets a mediocre thumbs up, and will definately be in the rotation as a beater for sure. Here are some pics...:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are some movement shots. ANy ideas? I cant seem to identify it. It is supposedly swiss...

Photobucket

Photobucket

The back of the band has the activa logo on the one side, Swiss Reg. NO. 495494 on the other...

Photobucket

FEATURES: Stainless steel back (Advertised as SS case), Leatherette band, faux chrono pushers, Luminous hands, signed buckle, Swiss parts movement?.

MSRP: $29.99
WHAT I PAID: $14.95 with shipping
PACKAGING: Fossil like tin can, looks like something you would find in a walmart.
PROS: Comfortable synthetic leather band, soft and supple, nice weight, even though the chrono pushers are fake, they do blend in well and contribute to the overall look of watch.

CONS: Swiss parts movement? Stainless steel caseback only possibly? Snap on caseback, no lume on number indices, hard to read at times due to bubble domed crystal, and odd indice fonts.

OVERALL: If your looking for a cheap, quality beater, and like the lupah look, this watch is for you. If not, you could always gift it, and its looks will tell the recipient that it was a pricey watch, but really isnt....
PROS: Comfortable s
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watch or Accessory Review Activa SL040-003 ....... Image Attachments

dano02699April 20, 2011 12:27AM

Good deal Thumbs Up (n/t)

JP450April 20, 2011 02:58PM

Eek! There are brand new watches available for $9? How can you beat that? Thumbs Up You can't! smile (n/t)

Nuvolari246April 20, 2011 04:58AM

For $15 delivered, it gets a Thumbs Up from me. As long as you enjoy it. laughing (n/t)

Anonymous User226April 20, 2011 03:45AM

Re: Watch or Accessory Review Activa SL040-003 ....... Image Attachments

Anonymous User248April 20, 2011 02:15AM

Nice review! I like the style alot myself.

ErikP210April 20, 2011 02:40AM

Tempting Devil Give yourself.....to the QUARTZ SIDE!!!! (n/t)

dano0277April 20, 2011 02:44AM

Ain't ever gonna happen! Cheers! (n/t)

ErikP222April 20, 2011 02:48AM

Yeah...being rectangular means that it cant have a screw back....but screws back would be better!!!

dano0272April 20, 2011 02:40AM

This is a snap back too. I think it is pretty common for the shape Image Attachments

ErikP327April 20, 2011 02:47AM

Yeah....guess for 9 bucks!!! Rolling on the floor laughing my a.. off (n/t)

dano0228April 20, 2011 02:49AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates