Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

FS: 1980 Rolex Datejust, 3035 movement, denim blue dial, machine turned bezel - $1800

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
September 15, 2013 09:18PM
The condition of the watch, according to the Timezone Grading System is a conservative 87%, since it needs regulation to run within COSC spec. on my wrist.

My email address is: jzorns yahoo com. I'm in the northern Chicago suburbs, so local buyers are welcome to come check it out in person before buying.

Photos:
on my 6-3/4" wrist:

Item Description: This Datejust is one of those watches that I bought, and just never really bonded with. It runs +12s on my wrist. Runs well, but needs minor regulation to come into COSC spec of -4 to +6s. It was last serviced by an independent watchmaker in 2012, and I have the document showing that. I've worn it maybe once a month since I acquired it in late 2012, so it is nowhere needing another service, unless the fact that it is running a bit fast is a deal-breaker for you. It will come on a glossy black leather strap. If you don't want the strap, I'll knock $10 off the price and ship just the watch itself.

Why should you buy this one? I bought it because of the following:

• Since it is a 1982 watch, it is new enough to have quick-set date and the 3035 movement, but old enough to be much more affordable. (1/3 the price of an equivalent new one)
  • Denim blue dial is unusual in today's watches
  • Stainless engine-turned bezel is not as gaudy as the fluted bezels on my modern Datejusts.

Flaws: Case wear consistent for a 31 year old watch. Very light dings, which are just barely visible to the naked eye.
Movement Type: Rolex 3035
Movement Nationality: Swiss
Crystal: Acrylic
Case: Stainless steel, with engine-turned bezel
Dimensions: 36mm case diameter x 13 mm thick
Caseback: Brushed stainless
Crown: Signed Rolex stainless
Dial: Denim blue, brushed in sunburst pattern (brushed radially outward from the center)
Strap: Newish glossy black leather strap, will fit up to about a 7-1/2" diameter wrist.
WR: 100m
Price: $1800 firm + shipping

Here are a couple links on the Rolex 3035 that I found interesting:
[www.google.com]
[raulhorology.com]
[www.google.com]

I'll ship only to the US and Canada

Payment by PayPal, cash, personal check, or USPS money order. I'll wait for payment to clear before shipping, and shipping will be via USPS Priority Mail Insured.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Where there is shouting, there is no true knowledge."
-Leonardo da Vinci
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

FS: 1980 Rolex Datejust, 3035 movement, denim blue dial, machine turned bezel - $1800 Jpeg Attachments URL

Smaug518September 15, 2013 09:18PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates