Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

FS: Soxa-modded Seiko SKX-007 (silver dial) marked down to $130

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Chris L  
Current mood:
February 03, 2014 03:45AM
FS: This is a Soxa-mod built from a Seiko SKX-007 by me. I collected most of the parts from various sources over a couple of years. The dial is a brilliant silver color made by 10Watches (now Dagaz), with raised hour markers, but no lume. Hands are of unknown origin with lume. Aluminum chapter ring and bezel insert were purchased directly from 10Watches/Dagaz to finish the project. Base watch is a franken-watch I bought just to put this together, and undoubtedly included some aftermarket replacement parts as I received it. The 7S26 movement has the old-style rotor that I don't believe was ever used for a 007 properly. The movement functions good. Since I did all the Soxa parts replacement myself (including removing the crystal for the chapter ring), assume the water resistance is compromised to some unknown extent. I do have the hands reasonably well aligned to change the date within 5 minutes of midnight. I altered the case by giving a brushed finish on the polished areas, evening out the appearance. This was partly to cover-up a scratch created when removing the bezel, and that may be still visible if you search for it with magnification (on 10-o'clock side of case). To the naked eye, it is blended out. I am including a strap that is marked Seiko Z22, but I am not into Seiko divers enough to know a reproduction from an authentic Z22. It is the strap that came with the base franken-watch originally, so no promise there.

Condition (TZ Scale): 75% Fair due to being significantly altered from original condition.
Sale/Trade Price: $140 Now $130 USD by Paypal, shipping included by 1st Class USPS to USA address. Will consider offers from outside USA at my discretion with the actual cost of shipping added to the price.
Payment Method(s): Paypal, other forms considered but only accepted at my discretion.
Email Address: yoyoartist@yahoo.com

My 2014 photo calendar now available

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2014 07:08PM by Chris L.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

FS: Soxa-modded Seiko SKX-007 (silver dial) marked down to $130 Jpeg Attachments

Chris L4376February 03, 2014 03:45AM

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates