Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

REDUCED AGAIN: Poljot 3133 MIG-31 Chronograph

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
January 25, 2013 07:51PM
Poljot MIG-31 Pilot Chronograph in very good condition
3133 Hand wind 23 jewel mechanical movement
Measures @ 40mm without crown - 47mm lug length - 20mm lug width

FS: $350 $325 $275 shipped and paypal from/to verified address in the US only please.

This little beauty has been in my care for a couple years and sadly has not been worn much. I figure it's time to pass it on to the next custodian.

A few twists of the wonderfully large crown has it ticking away and running the chrono functions as intended. The pushers respond with a very satisfying snikt and reset the hands to their home position. I have not been able to discern the exact manufacture date though it seems probable to be mid 90's.

(UPDATE )- I was contacted and given the following info pertaining to the possible date of the watch: "Just FYI, while the first test flight of the MIG-31 was in 1975, production didn't begin until 1979, and it was introduced in 1982. And I wouldn't think that Poljot would make a watch honoring what was then probably a secret aircraft. Oh, yeah, and at the bottom of the watch is "Сделано в России," cyrillic for "made in Russia." Which means that it was made after 1992 (after the Soviet Union fell)."

I have no service history on the piece and I have not timed it specifically over a 24hr period. However when I wear it for a few days I'm always impressed by its accuracy. I have it fully wound now and will update with results tomorrow.

(UPDATE) Watch ran at +5 seconds over the last 24 hours.

The condition is very good with only some very slight brassing of the chrome on the very tips of the lugs. The pushers and crown show the most use on their edges. The dial has taken on a very light patina to its glossy finish. The green lume in the hands is complete with no signs of wabi, and will actually still glow a bit if you look fast enough. The acrylic crystal is in fantastic shape, no cracks or crazing. The snap in caseback is stainless. I mainly wore it on a nato strap, but this sale will include the new 20mm leather croc grain strap in the pictures. No official/original box or papers included.

This is a vintage watch so treat it accordingly. It will not be happy taking a shower with you, and you might not be eligible to time olympic events with it. Just saying.
I have several references here, WUS and Ebay all positive.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

REDUCED AGAIN: Poljot 3133 MIG-31 Chronograph Jpeg Attachments

jinxed8471January 25, 2013 07:51PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates