Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

FS: Pristine Vintage WWI Trench Watch - Elgin Big Dial Integrated Shrapnel Guard!

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
December 13, 2012 08:31PM
NOTE: MAJOR PRICE DROP FOR PMWF USERS BEFORE I PUT IT BACK ON EBAY: $550 USD OBO FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!!!!

This watch is being offered for sale on PMWF! Fantastic WWI era (about 1917) Elgin trench watch, with integrated Fahys case and crystal guard. Absolutely stunning restored condition!

The below items are required in all sales/trade posts.
Condition (TZ Scale): I'd say 95 - 100%
Sale/Trade Price: $550 USD OR BEST OFFER (FREE SHIPPING)
Payment Method(s): Paypal or cash equivalent
Email Address: Derek.Solomon@aciworldwide.com
Photo(s):

Google Picasa Album for Elgin WWI Fahys Trench Watch

Description:

--------
This is an extremely rare find! Last year I purchased this WWI Elgin trench watch with a highly polished Fahys "armored case" and integrated crystal guard already restored and ready to wear, from a great watch builder who specializes in building and restoring pre-1940's vintage American watches. I bought it to wear and keep, but I have actually hardly worn it, and would like to sell it to use the money for something else. It is a very special item, and required a great deal of labor and skill to get it back to showroom condition. I don't think you can find anything exactly like it.

Here are the details:

Elgin 7 jewel movement inside Fahys armored case. This is a World War I soldier's trench watch. It has an integrated crystal guard. The case is made from OreSilver, and you will need to keep it polished. The movement keeps excellent time, within 30 seconds per day, which is absolutely astounding considering this watch is almost 100 years old. Just look at the ornate watch movement. It is stunning and spotless. It keeps time as accurately as any other mechanical watch I've worn.

The case was manufactured by Fahys and Company, around 1917, while America was entering the Great War. Also, please note that this is a size 0 movement, which is unusually large for such an old watch. Look at the picture of the watch being worn on the wrist. It is extremely difficult to find a vintage watch that wears like a modern one. Many antique watches have a case diameter of 22mm to 30mm. This watch is about 35mm, not even including the size of the huge crown extending from the case.

This watch is a must for the serious military collector! Bold Arabic military numerals, outer minute markers, sunken sub-second at 6:00, moon hands, and is signed ELGIN near the center. The dial does not have any hairline cracks or chips. This is an original ELGIN enamel military dial. It has been fitted with an almost brand new tan genuine Pigskin leather strap that complements the watch nicely. I have worn this watch less than a dozen times, and I really adore it.

Send me a note if you have any questions. I'll respond ASAP. I'm not prone to hyperbole, but this is actually one of those rare lifetime opportunities. Buy this for yourself of someone who was around before the Great Depression. No billet aluminum machine work. No "Made in China" stickers. No batteries. Just a simple, honest, elegant, durable and historic piece of Americana.

-Derek

-------------------

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

FS: Pristine Vintage WWI Trench Watch - Elgin Big Dial Integrated Shrapnel Guard! Jpeg Attachments

DerekSolomon9155December 13, 2012 08:31PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates